- Pivot Point had been managing companywide projects using a wide variety of software tools, including Shared Plan Pro for project scheduling, FileMaker and excel spreadsheets. They needed a single collaborative solution to manage their work.
- Pivot Point implemented Daptiv PPM in approximately six weeks after going through the configuration process and attending an online training session.
- With Daptiv PPM, Pivot Point has been able to open communication lines, improve on workflow efficiency and strengthen team and individual performance.
Daptiv PPM’s usability was what we were looking for. It provided us with the scheduling structure, document version controls, and SaaS-based delivery model we wanted.
Managers can see the status of projects every day and team members know about projects and tasks weeks in advance so they can get a jump start on work. Daptiv has become a part of everyone’s vocabulary.
The Daptiv solution has had a huge impact on the way we collaborate, execute and deliver…much more so than any other software solutions we’ve ever used.
About Pivot Point
For more than 45 years, Pivot Point has provided the most comprehensive hair, skin and nail education in the US and around the world. With a global network of millions of designers, Pivot Point is North America’s largest network of hair and beauty education schools, including programs in 13 languages throughout more than 73 countries.
In 2005, Pivot Point managed companywide projects using a variety software tools, including Shared Plan Pro for project scheduling, FileMaker and excel spreadsheets. Tina Rayyan, Pivot Point’s Director of Production and Publishing, says, “Shared Plan Pro presented a few challenges: it was not user friendly, deployment was onsite, different versions on both MAC and PC were being used by different people, communications/ notifications were poor, and not everyone had access to the software.” FileMaker, a database application, was used to track time and did not link to project schedules. Excel spreadsheets were also used to track budgets and sometimes project schedules. “The need for a single collaborative software solution was company- wide, but specifically the main department drivers were Education Research, Marketing and Publications departments,” says Rayyan.
Rayyan directed the process of evaluating vendors by working with Pivot Point’s IT team and gathering requirements from Education Research and Marketing. A list of vendor criteria was developed, including:
- A central source of information so everyone could easily access the same data
- Multiple levels of scheduling
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) delivery model
- User friendly
- Compatible with both Macs as well as PCs
Daptiv and Attask were the primary software vendors under evaluation. Rayyan comments, “Although we liked some of Attask’s functionality, in the end, it was not as user friendly as we had hoped.”
Specific to Daptiv, Rayyan says, “Daptiv PPM’s usability was what we were looking for. It provided us with the scheduling structure, document version controls, and SaaS-based delivery model we wanted.”
Pivot Point implemented Daptiv PPM in approximately six weeks after going through the configuration process and attending an online training session. Currently, Daptiv PPM members are actively involved with project requests, creating templates for DVDs, CDs, books and events as well as creating associated tasks like schedules, and detailed photo shoots needs. “Prototype development and design, video editing, script writing, model calls, contract approvals and planning and research are all being managed with Daptiv PPM. Even when working with photographers and outside freelancers, Daptiv PPM is being leveraged so we can effectively collaborate,” says Rayyan. For example, the DVD producer sends task reports to Rayyan with summaries of all the projects he’s working on, providing valuable insight to the production and publishing process. In addition, Pivot-Point can track the freelancer’s time and give access to important documents in need of review.
Regarding the overall impact of Daptiv PPM, Rayyan comments, “The Daptiv solution has had a huge impact on the way we collaborate, execute and deliver…much more so than any other software solutions we’ve ever used.”
According to Rayyan, Daptiv PPM enables the following business improvements:
- Opening communication lines to other departments. “We can immediately determine which individuals are working on projects and issues can be identified earlier on so things stay on track.”
- Improved workflow efficiency. “Managers can see the status of projects every day and team members know about projects and tasks weeks in advance so they can get a jump start on work. Daptiv has become a part of everyone’s vocabulary.”
- Stronger performance among individuals and teams. “As a manager, I now have increased awareness to what’s going on with resources, project progress and target deadlines so my awareness is focused in the right places and ultimately, I can do my job better. Daptiv PPM helps to free up my time so I can concentrate on more strategic management work. The same applies across other users—with increased awareness to critical items, they know what needs to be done and they can further their contributions.”
Pivot Point has also benefits from the solid relationship with the people at Daptiv. “Daptiv Support has been very responsive in getting back to us and we have open communication with our account managers, identifying areas where we can optimize our Daptiv workflow to best suit our needs. We’re excited about where we’ll be with Daptiv in the years to come.”